Finally, be sure that you have taught the children what an emergency situation is and when they should report to you unsafe behavior, even if it would be interrupting you.
· Focus on creating a positive environment in which children are not punished
· Reduce the amount of attention you give to the tattler
· Provide more positive attention and relationship building to the tattler
· Ask child to write down complaint for a class meeting (if important)
· Ask child to tell it to a class stuffed animal or write in on a note for you (if trivial)
· Appoint the “tattler” as the Kindness Detective for the day to focus on positive behaviors
· Teach children what an emergency situation is and what unsafe behavior they should report to you